TSS remain unbeaten at home despite valiant Harbourside efforts

The Sunday gloom was not enough to prevent a pair of exciting games at Swangard Stadium this past weekend. Harbourside FC were the visitors as TSS Rovers hosted their third home game of the season. Both the women’s and men’s TSS teams were unbeaten at Swangard going into the day’s games; the men’s side remains the only unbeaten team in the men’s league. 


Harbourside women came to Swangard looking for their first win of the season; a win looked on the cards after a quick start. A host of good chances came before Jazmine Wilkinson netted the opener. She pounced on a loose ball in the penalty area and rolled in the opener 34 minutes in. 

TSS responded well, and 10 minutes later, it was all square. Vanessa Tome’s corner was met smartly by Tilly James, whose deft header found the bottom corner. 

Jazmine Wilkinson almost doubled Harbourside’s lead moments after the restart. She beat two defenders before having her shot well saved by Kirstin Tynan. The away side failed to convert further chances; a free header at the back post was sent wide, and a 25-yard effort hit the crossbar. 

Conversion is key; TSS proved this when they found the winner with 16 minutes to go, despite having fewer opportunities. Sofia Faremo found herself in a great shooting position on the left-hand side of the box, instead electing to play an unselfish ball across to an unmarked and goal-facing Kaitlan Cerney, who calmly slotted between the defender and keeper for her first of the season. 

The game concluded, and it was TSS who took the three points for their second win of the season. Harbourside’s failure to convert keeps them winless and at the bottom of the league.


Harbourside’s men’s side took inspiration from their women’s quick start, finding themselves 2-0 up within the opening 17 minutes. Suka Behery’s beautiful curling effort made it one, before Vasilios Bagiopoulos’ low drive made it two. It should have been three when Behery missed an open goal two minutes after Harbourside’s second.

Devin O’Hea had TSS’ first real chance half an hour in when he turned well and had his shot saved and sent onto the post by Matt McConnach. As they did against Unity, TSS managed to cut the deficit going into the interval. Connor MacMillan converted well after a perfectly placed Kian Proctor cross.

Four minutes into the second half, TSS found the equaliser through Nik White’s looping header. His first of the season.

Harbourside’s attacking threat remained, though, and it was the league’s top scorer, Bagiopoulos, who popped up to restore the away side’s lead, capitalising on a loose TSS pass and taking it round keeper Justyn Sandhu before netting his second of the afternoon.

Massud Habibullah was unlucky not to equalise when his overhead kick struck the post with 15 minutes to go. But up stepped super-sub Dom Di Paola. His far-post header with just minutes to go was converted well, salvaging a point for the home side and maintaining their winning streak.

A draw for TSS sends them top, while Harbourside remain 5th.